Monday, June 1, 2009

What Does a Sea Horse Say? And Other Silly Questions

Does anybody know what a Sea Horse Says? No? I didn't think so, how about a Cockroach? (I hear the kind originating from Madigascar make a pretty impressive hissing sound, but I've never heard it...thankfully.) These were just a few of the things we were considering in our home last week.

We also considered other things.

Is it appropriate to come running out of the house naked to greet the strangers buying your piano?

Should you punch a girl in the back as she's walking away from you even if she did pinch you?

If you order a Chocolate Caramel Bundt Cake Sundae at Sonic, should you ask for a "Boooont" like you're the lady in My Big Fat Greek Wedding? Or will that be completely lost on the 15 year old at the window?

Does Scooby Doo really teach children how to make explosive devices?

Should Mad Scientist Junior EVER be allowed to be behind closed doors?

Should batteries, wires, and empty water bottles ever be in our home, together, at one time?

Should shoes that can be put on by one's self trump shoes that don't stink?

Should hopping off the bus right before the bus driver closes the door, while everyone is yelling "what ARE YOU DOING!?" be rewarded if what you are doing is tattling on yourself and handing over the items you had planned to sneak to school (not explosive...just beach towel and shorts) to your mom?

How long should a child who refused to eat dinner be forced to watch the rest of the family enjoy dessert?

Is it wise to force a child to throw away his broken toys and cause him an entire week's worth of anxiety if you could have just done it for him while he wasn't home? (and probably have never been detected.)

If you go under the knife for plastic surgery, can you call your consultation "getting fitted for my prosthetics"? If you do call it that, can you get meals from the RS sisters for a week?

How did I know that item on the menu had a dirty name?

8 comments:

AW Cake! said...

Hehehehee...looks like you've had an interesting weekend!

Whitney R said...

I enjoyed these thought provoking questions.

Kristina P. said...

Let's get back to this caramel bundt sundae. I think I am going to Sonic today.

Heatherlyn said...

What an interesting list of questions! I think the answers might be just as entertaining!

Unknown said...

Life is really hitting you with the big stuff, isn't it?

Erin said...

What a great list. I really want to know the answer to question number two. Why do my kids think it's okay to punch each other? Especially after I have asked nicely/threatened/punished them over and over and over...

tiburon said...

I am ALL ABOUT punching someone in the back.

And in the front.

Brittney said...

oh man, I have been so MIA. LOVE this post