Friday, August 21, 2009

Bathing in it...

I spent more time in the company of the XX (That would be "females" for those of you who are not scientifically literate) sort yesterday than I have spent in a combined 2 years. Don't anybody go getting offended, but I found it absolutely exhausting...for no good reason. Its not like I really had to put myself out there, or do anything much other than listen and make the occasional nodding of head in agreement, but somehow I still ended the day emotionally drained and full of anxiety for the future. Its partially that whole "making new friends" anxiety, and partially that whole "I just spent my entire day in an estrogen bath" anxiety. Its probably mostly that somebody must have slipped me some caffeine because my brain would not turn off and the jitters were out of control. (like I wanted to laugh, cry, and puke just to get that crazy electric feeling out of my belly, chest and joints-kind of out of control.) JP asked if going shooting would make it better...I said no, because honestly, I doubt that there is any possibility that 6 lanes of semi-automatic weaponry being wielded by hairy men the size of apes could even begin to counter the effects of an entire day with ladies...plus, I wouldn't want it too.

4 comments:

JJuracan and family said...

Yeah, I feel about the same when I spend a day with XX variety. It is something I have never gotten used to. Having 4 brothers growing up and mostly guy friends was not great training for GNO later in life :-)

Unknown said...

If I am in a good state (not having PMS) then I can hang with the girls all day...especially my sisters. When PMS creeps in watch out....somethig I say or they say will definitely cause a stir. We still need a 'red tent' to banish ourselves to.

Kristina P. said...

I think it's probably making new friends. I love hanging out with my girlfriends! I wish I could do it more.

AW Cake! said...

Iknow, I know. Hanging with "the girls" is fun but totally draining at the same time. After a couple of hours I'm ready to go home and watch some man movie with the hubs.