Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sorting Laundry

Have you ever finished the laundry?

No?

Me neither.

However, I have emptied the laundry bags from time to time, washed, dried, and put away their contents, only to discover that by 8:00pm they are semi-full again. This doesn't actually bother me. I gave up a long time ago on "finishing" laundry and accepted that laundry is a perpetual task.

Last night JP got out of the shower and mentioned it sure would be nice if he had some clean clothes to put on. I felt confused. I had EMPTIED those laundry bags out. The laundry was as near to completely finished as any perpetual task could be. We were at the TOP of the laundry cycle and there could be no possible reason why he would not have clean clothes. Those bags were empty.

Then I noticed the floor of my bedroom. 3 stacks of dirty clothes occupying three seperate corners. A pile of whites, a pile of light colored uniforms, a pile of dark colored gym shorts. There was also a 4th pile which I'm sure I'm supposed to assume is "been worn, but not quite dirty yet. Too dirty to put away, but too clean to wash." (yes, my husband swears this is a category. Worn shorts do not belong in either his dresser drawer nor the dirty clothes bags. They belong on the floor. He'll swear to it.)

Now my laundry bags, I have 3 of them, one for whites, one for lights, and one for darks. I am trying to figure out why its possible for my husband to organize his disrobing by color, dropping each garment into a carefully selected, color-coded corner, but can't take 6 dang steps to put them into the bags!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it's time to hand the task of washing JPs clothes to JP. ;o)

Kristina P. said...

You are a good wife. I make my husband wash all his own clothes.

Heather said...

Dana does that and it drives me crazy! I started washing only the clothes that are in the close hamper and when he come and asks were some pants or a shirt and if they got washed I just reply with if they weren't in the hamper they didn't get washed! Then he usually has to stay up late to wash them so he has something for work the next day! You think he would learn but apparently not!

Heather said...

clothes hamper, crap I didn't spell check and I had Ryne asking me to close something sheesh.

Anonymous said...

My husband does our laundry. When our kids are old enough, they will do their laundry too.

Jessie Geroux said...

I think that having a combo XY chromosome also gives men the super power of making certain things invisible or silent. This super power can be used on things such as:

-laundry baskets
-dishes sitting anywhere that is not the kitchen sink
-shoes in the middle of the floor
-dogs begging to go outside/be fed
-children making any noise that does not sound like "you are an awesome dad"

etc

unless you plan a weekly nudest night---laundry simply can never be "complete" LOL

Anonymous said...

or my personal favorite...the phone laying RIGHT NEXT TO the charger!

JJuracan and family said...

oh...i feel your pain!

Marylois said...

I remember a friend many years ago complaining to me that her husband never turned his boxer shorts right side out when he put them in the laundry. I'm afraid I started laughing. She had no idea what one piece garments were like. My husband never turns his right side out when he puts them in the laundry. I told her, "If it bothers you just leave them inside out. But don't do it out of spite" ;~)

Karen said...

My husband has that same category. He does, however, put some clothes he's worn once and wants to wear again BACK in his bureau drawer! I've resorted to the "sniff test" if I suspect something was worn and not put in the laundry basket.

Unknown said...

Lauindry is such a touchy subject in our house...that is all I can say about it.

Anonymous said...

Its nice to read these things...

Thanks for sharing...
___________________
Melvin
Naton wide cash is easy and fast