Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm Just Not Miserable Enough to Laugh

It has occurred to me that I have lost my funny bone. The only funny part about that is that I'm pretty sure I lost it in the process of living a happier more fulfilling life. So sue me.

It seems I deal with loneliness and a myriad of other miserable companions by finding something silly to laugh about. And if I'm out of ideas for laughter one of two things is happening: I'm way too happy to be funny, or, the only things I can think of that are funny, are also mean, and mean is not funny.

You know there's some truth to this. The best love songs are written with a broken heart, the best art created by a tortured soul. If the best humor comes out of being miserable, I'll chose to not be funny.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Maybe I need to figure out if I'm miserable all the time!

Jillene said...

So true. So very true.

Cajoh said...

There are times when I feel I'm just "going through the motions" and never truly enjoy the life I am living. I know that I am easily amused and even have been known to be amused by myself— Damn I'm funny…

Hoping that you get a splint or something to repair that broken funny bone soon.

Heatherlyn said...

I hope that you are enjoying some happiness!!!