Thursday, September 3, 2009

EQ "Security" Career Opportunity?

So much for ignoring this thing, I had to blog this one. Its long been a rule that whenever the women are using the church building, there will be at minimum two men there. Sometimes the men are there to wander the halls, make sure no weirdo's enter the building, break into cars, or otherwise rape, pillage, or plunder- but usually they are just there to sit on the couch and take a nap. I have never heard them use the phrase "do security" until this last week. Well, as it turns out, when you ask them to "do security" you get something different out of them.

Let me preface this with my family has a friend who's older brother was murdered by a man who stormed a Catholic church in Texas years ago. I am NOT against weaponry in the church building. I believe it should be concealed, not displayed, and only "those in the know" need to know that it is present. It should not be publicly displayed, or brandished in a showy manner.

Now let me continue.

So, EQ Security, potential job opportunity? Can I get a "H" to the "L" NO! Seriously, lets make this clear ladies, pass this information on to your junior Paul Blart Mall Cop returned missionary sons...It IS NOT APPROPRIATE TO SHOW UP TO THE WOMEN'S RELIEF SOCIETY ACTIVITY TO "DO SECURITY" DRESSED IN COMBAT BOOTS, FATIGUES, AND DISPLAYING A PISTOL!!!! NOT EVEN IF YOUR CAREER GOALS ARE TO BE A SECURITY GUARD!!!"

8 comments:

Lara Neves said...

That is HILARIOUS!

We had a couple guys that took it pretty seriously when I lived in AZ...but not quite THAT seriously.

Kristina P. said...

WTF?!?! This sounds sort of like something my husband would do, sadly.

Vanessa said...

Duly noted. I'll pass that on to my dad who does security detail at their church house in Escondido. He self appointed himself after my moms car was broken into at Enrichment and her purse was stolen.

Hartson family said...

Wow, I applaud the man's willingness to serve- but that had to freak out a few. I have been to the church building on several occasions as the only person there-even had to turn down a parking lot construction worker for a sip of water in the building. That was awkward.

Heather said...

WOW!That is way over the top, isn't the point to be discreet? Especially if there are kids in the building, they don't need to see that and think that it is cool. I hope someone said something. I'm sad I missed it cause I probably would have. Sheesh!!!

AW Cake! said...

bwahahahahaha!!!! I can seriously see one of our young men turning into that RM one day. I'll bet he freaked everyone out that day!

Heidi said...

So it turns out it was a BB Gun! I had such a great laugh over it.... AFTER the fact. In any case I have never had a "security" detail be so off the mark!

J. P. said...

A Beebee gun!? That almost makes it worse! lol--Lisa