Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A New Addiction

This is the weirdest addiction, but its totally healthy, so I'm not gonna fight it!

Berry/Buttermilk Smoothies...every morning for breakfast.
Hey, its got 8 grams of protein, and only as much sugar as I choose to put in and if I start with frozen berries, its a rich, thick, frosty treat for well under 200 calories.
The single serving smoothie blender who's blending cup is also the drinking cup is the best $14.99 I've spent in a long time.
Forget pricey smoothie mixes with false promises to curb cravings and hunger, I can drink one of these at 8:00 in the morning and not be looking for lunch until well after noon. Who can complain about that? And the best part? Since I'm culturing my own buttermilk with my powdered milk from the cannery, and I bought my berries UBER cheap at the peak of their season and froze them weeks ago, my morning breakfast is literally costing me pennies.

Its a good addiction, don't you think?

And in case you think the buttermilk part is weird, if you like a yogurt smoothie you will find a buttermilk smoothie to have a similar tangyness, but it will be smoother and easier to drink since it won't be quite as thick. Give it a try, its YUM!

3 comments:

Jillene said...

That sounds DELISH!!

Kristina P. said...

You wanna come over and make me some?

tiburon said...

Oooo sounds yummy :)