Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Spin Cycle

My brain feels like its on the spin cycle.  I slept last night, but didn't rest.  My kids woke up behaving like scrambled eggs.  What do scrambled eggs behave like?  I don't have any idea! But that's the word that came to mind.  See, my brain IS on the spin cycle and apparently in danger of spinning out of control into some kind of weird mania that may ultimately be entertaining, but probably not a good thing.  I have a free day today, no plans whatsoever, and the ideas.  THE IDEAS!  There are too many of them.  I'd love to go have lunch with a friend, or a playdate with one of Lily's friends, or go to the fabric store and buy fabric to make throw pillows for the couch with, or go to the ribbon store and buy bow-making supplies with which I could make all kinds of hair accessories which will be torn out of hair, thrown under a bed, and forgotten for evermore.  I could go buy supplies to make Christmas ornaments, I like to give a handmade ornament as a small gift.  I could bake bread and paint it, I could bake bread and not paint it.  I could make ham and cheese stuffed bagels.  I could, watch Arrested Development on the computer.  I could read blogs and comment on them. I could clean Lily's bedroom, I could go wash the car, I could wander around Target for an hour, filling my cart and then putting it all back again when I realize I don't need anything I put in there.  (I do this...am I the only one?)  I could read a cookbook, go to the library and get a real book, or Facebook all day. (Like how I used Facebook as a verb? ) I've been thinking about MIA, the Tiger Army, both the terrorist/rebel group and the punk rock band, Social Distortion, Kanye's outburst (yes, I'm ashamed to admit, that this is taking up more of my mind than it should, I don't even care much for Miss Swift )  Rep Wilson's outburst (so disrespectful) and my own outburst at my husband two days ago.  (This is what came of those three thoughts combined "Yo Kanye, I'm happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but Rep Wilson had one of the best outbursts ever!"...lol, yes, I'm laughing at my own joke! yes, I know you're not supposed to laugh at your own joke, but you apparently never saw me do my Yak imitation on stage.)  I'm wondering if all the people who said they were coming over to my home for girl's night and an "At Home" product showcase will really show up.  I'm wondering why we don't have a book club yet, and remembering its because I'm supposed to start it.  And what the heck is the deal with Pocoyo? And how is that Brittish? And why doesn't anybody else see the brilliance that is Yo Gabba Gabba?  and how glad am I that we cut the cable?  And I wonder what my kids want for Christmas since we don't hear 28 times a day what they want whenever their show cuts to commercials?  and, and, and...

Get the picture?  Spin Cycle.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You paint bread? I don't even know what that means.

tiburon said...

We are practically the same person. It is almost scary.

Jillene said...

Painted bread?! Never heard of that before.

Anonymous said...

Time to rinse.

rachel said...

You had me at 'my kids are behaving like scrambled eggs'...