Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Humoring Octamom

I am a little afraid of Octamom. She is one o those women, that I would consider to be quite a bit further on her way to the CK than anybody I actually know. For one, she has multiplied and replenished twice what I have ( not that its a contest or anything ;) ) She HOMESCHOOLS ( my personal Hell on Earth) and she wears apple green pushup bras. (really, check her quirk list!) Anyways, I'm humoring her today by participating in listing my quirks. Let us see just how quirky I am.

1. I like prime numbers...so Sorry, Octamom, takin' this post back to 7 quirky things about me.

2.I clean my kitchen before I cook dinner. ( Then I clean it again after dinner is through)

3. I speak with an unidentifiable accent. I don't know why I do this, and it seems to be related to stress somehow. I don't hear it, but two weeks ago when life was spiraling out of control all around me, three different people in three different places asked me "where are you from? I can't quite place your accent." I used to get that question ALOT when I was in my single mom days, thus the idea that its stress related.

4. I shower in a specific order...Washing off the Alice Cooper eyes is 4th in the order.

5. I don't place my heel on the floor board when driving. I didn't even know that was what everyone else does until I complained my leg was so tired from keeping it lifted all day when driving. My husband said, why is your leg in the air? It should be on the floor board. ( I'm not sure that's really a quirk though, I think its a function of being only 5'4")

6. I frequently walk into doorways. NO, not the way you're supposed to enter, I actually walk into the door-jams and bruise myself.

7. I absolutely, positively cannot put on my makeup until my teeth are brushed. Then, I start with lipstick first.

10 comments:

Rosie : ) said...

Quirks are fun. :) And 7 is a good number!

Kristina P. said...

That's funny about the floorboard. I definitely put my heel down, and all of my right shoes show people this. They are all scuffed up.

Whitney R said...

haha, I also have a order to showering (shampoo-body-conditioner-face-shave) and I walk into door ways. Not even kidding. I'm always banging my shoulder or hips. I don't know why! I know it's there, I know where the hole is and yet, I still seem to turn just a bit too early to enter.

I'm also 5'4" (almost) but I go nuts without putting my heel on the floor. And I'd go crazy w/o cruise control.

Whitney R said...

oh, and not "face shave" it should be, washing face and then saving legs/pits. lol, I was just trying to condense the whole showering experience for you.. then I re read it and giggled.

Whitney R said...

SHAVING! not saving!!





please someone tell me what my problem is...

Jillene said...

Hahahaha!! Loved your quirks! I will be posting mine soon!

Jennifer Wheeler said...

Love your blog. You have one of the funnest senses of humors in all the world. Your comments and posts are very insightful and fun to read. Thanks for making me smile today. I swear one of these days we;ll get this trip to the temple figured out. I'de still love to go.

Anonymous said...

Does everyone have a showering order? I thought it was just me!

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering how someone could NOT have a showering order. You'd have to think in there, otherwise. I mean, about bathing. I prefer to think about the rest of my life in the shower. Which is why I can get distracted and take too-long showers sometimes.

(Shampoo, conditioner if I remember, body, shave, face, rinse)

Goob said...

Here's one I'll bet nobody else does. When I'm riding in the car as a passenger, I have to flex something, whether its my fists, my toes, my thigh muscle, swallowing, shoulders, anything, every time we pass a driveway, the end of a sidewalk, or a mile marker...it makes me insane and I have to actually TRY to stop. Most of the time I've been doing it for several blocks before I realize I'm doing it.