Friday, September 12, 2008

Just a Moment Please

You know, I really do try to keep this blog upbeat and happy. Even when I'm feeling frustrated, I try to find the humor in it. But this week, this has been a different kind of week, and I need a moment to be serious. Its been an interesting kind of week because the stress levels have been through the roof, except that, we're not the ones having problems. OUR family ( as in those who live inside our four walls) is doing great. We have no major issues, there is food on our table, soap for our showers, the lawn is mowed, we ate out last night. Jobs are good, kids are good, everything is fine. But...it seems like everybody around us is melting down, and its surprising how much stress that has caused us. Are we such stress junkies that we don't know how to act without our own stress, so we stress about other people's stress? I am so confused, and unsure about how to behave, its not even a little bit funny. I am alternating laughing hysterically at inane things and crying my eyes out at other inane things. Maybe writting about it will help, except that I can't write about it because the kinds of meltdowns that are occurring aren't the kinds of things you casually blog about. So, maybe just having acknowledged that its been a frustrating, confusing week will be of help. And for those of you who read this who are being affected by all the junk that's going on right now, I love you, and we are praying for you.

L.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Lisa, I definitely think that other's stress and worries and sadness definitely affects us and our stree levels. You obviously love and care about the people around you, and it sounds like you are an excellent support for them.

There are no right or wrong feelings, so feel what you feel, and let it out.

I'll be thinking of you. :)

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

It is a wierd and sad week :( Again, sorry to hear about your g-ma!

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

Oh- and LOL @ JP's innocence. And GOOD JOB, LILY on your potty progress! Please show your cousin how to do it too (she is doing pretty good) and *I* didn't give her the caffeine but I have a good guess as to who it may have been!

Ice Cream said...

There are 8 kids in my family. All married w/ multiple divorces... I totally get the outside stress stuff. I would tell you how I deal with it but it always makes me sound so heartless.

I hope you can take solace in the peace of your own family.