Monday, September 22, 2008

She's FLABULOUS~!

"Don't worry, the fat pig will do fine
thanks to this flabbo-dynamic spandex
bodysuit I've designed. "-Professor Farnsworth, Futurama
Sought after for its sleek sillouhette and heart pounding, death-defying limbo trick enabling stunt protection; the flabbo-dynamic spandex bodysuit has yet to be found in any department store nearby, and I NEEEEEED one. I do, really I do, or maybe I don't. Maybe I just need to invest in a healthy diet and regular exercise. Everybody says, "you have 4 kids, you look great"..um, I'm OBESE with a capital O ( and a Capital B,E,S and E) True, we're not talking morbid obesity...yet...but I am actually, technically, medically OBESE. And I'm afraid that even the flabbo-dynamic suit would not be able to draw in the rolls to a satisfactory degree without me first losing 30 lbs...which really ought to be followed by a second 30 lbs. ( and most likely WILL be followed by that second 30, but I need a mid-point goal so as not to paralyze myself with fear of failure before I even get started.)
So here's my plan. Its SBD and interval walking, plus pilates. I started Monday night with the diet. Walking got postponed when I realized that both tires on the stroller had gone flat since Friday, so I need to get those taken care of, then, its off to exercise land. Which, by the way, will deserve a post of its very one one day, as its visually, quite interesting.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I am a big fan of body shapers, when necessary. I guess dieting and exercising wouldn't hurt either. :)

Jillene said...

I love the body shapers. Right up my alley! I am going to start SBD after next week--I only grocery shop every other Friday and I make a 2 week menu so I have to stick to it until then.

Brittany Marie said...

Wow, cool! Good luck! My friend Marie started SBD Monday and she said she's already lost 5 lbs.!

Goob said...

Yeah for Jillene! I need to get back to the habit of having a set menu. I used to spend about 2 hours every other week planning a menu, but I can't spend that amount of time anymore. Still, I do have a free menu-mailer that comes from a grocery store that has a "diabetic friendly" option, which is perfect for SBDph2. Brittany, I started Tuesday and have lost precisely 6/10ths of a single pound :( ...However, I'm trying to be patient and stick to it. I happen to know that I am carrying a little water weight right now and it should shed in a couple of days, you all know how THAT goes.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am lame ... what's SBD?

I joined Weight Watchers almost 3 years ago, and dropped 35 lbs over the course of about 8 months. I was thrilled, and am a big fan of the program. But right as I hit my goal, this neuralgia problem I have started up and life went spinning into chaos. So I never got to the maintenance part. Over the next year and a half, I have gradually put almost 20 lbs back on.

So back to WW, for 4 weeks now. I'm doing *OK* but, not fabulously. I'm having a real hard time getting into it.

Anonymous said...

Never mind! It was driving me crazy--the SBD thing, so I googled it. AMazing how you can google an acronym and get the right answer.