Tuesday, November 25, 2008

How to Cook a Turkey using only Testosterone

You all may have gathered by now that my son Gabe is...well...very male. I *think* his kindergarten class is making us mommies one of those "how to cook a turkey" books that kindergarteners are so famous for, but I am impatient, and unwilling to risk missing his 5year old boy version of how to prepare our most treasured roast-bird. And so, here, for your reading pleasure, is how to prepare a turkey, according to Gabe.

"First, you make a bow and arrow, cuz I know you have to shoot it and I wanna shoot it with a ARROW! Then you tear off the legs, tear off the wings, tear off the head... and tell somebody to take off the feathers. And you stick it in the fire with salt and pepper and butter. Turkey is my FAVORITE! All my favorite foods are Turkey and Broccoli. But my unfavorite food is tomatoes, they make me sick."

*I know I said I'd be gone until Dec. 1, but I couldn't resist this timely little tid-bit I learned this a.m. while waiting for the school bus in pre-dawn hours.

18 comments:

Jen said...

This is absolutely hysterical! I loved his descriptions! Definitely a keeper in your journal of memoirs. Loved the description of tearing it apart! Hahaha. Thanks for the HUGE smile this put on my face. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Lara Neves said...

Too funny! Sad is the turkey that ever gets in HIS way!

Kristina P. said...

He loves broccoli?!?!? Look at you go! I think someone deserves a run from the car!

Erin said...

That is great. I'll have to ask my kindergartener how to cook a turkey!

Jillene said...

HILARIOUS!! That sound so like a little boy!!

Anonymous said...

Classic. I guess I'd better get going on that bow and arrow.

Anonymous said...

Very funny! Sad for any turkey that gets in his way!☺

Vanessa said...

So cute! My 4 year old asked me who was going to shoot our Thanksgiving turkey this year. I love their little innocence!

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

Another awesome quote from Gabe!!!

J. P. said...

HOW did we miss this!!!!!!!?????...

http://disneymusic.disney.go.com/albums/nightmarerevisited.html

seriously, there is something very wrong with us!

J. P. said...

http://disneymusic.disney.go.com/
albums/nightmarerevisited

Just SO said...

Ha! That is some serious boyness going on.

Goob said...

JP, we missed that because we are old and getting ready to die soon and they don't advertise such coolness on NPR... ;)

Lorie said...

How funny! I might have to try that.

Whitney R said...

hahaha, he likes broccoli! And I have a thing for tomatoes, too. Hate them. BUT, in my ripe wise age of 22 I am learning to sort of kind of like them... I love pico on my salad. and will eat super thin slices on stuff. I'm trying!

rachel said...

I love this! I love how he'll tear off the head and legs and everything, but leave the feathers for someone else to tear off. That's one smart boy :D

Hartson family said...

Sounds just like him. That'll be a keeper, for sure!

Unknown said...

sounds so fun tearing into that turkey.....

he sounds so cute!