Saturday, November 15, 2008

Prize of Autumn Pear Salad

I got to looking at my Better Recipes account and realized that I had a couple more 5 star entries that maybe I should share. This one's perfect for fall. The other one I'll save for later...maybe a good new years eve treat.

Here is the Prize of Autumn Pear Salad. I'm really proud of this one because it got 5 stars and I made up the whole recipe myself! The pomegranate salad was a family recipe we've enjoyed for several generations, but this one is mine, all mine!

try it, you'll like it!

Prize of Autumn Pear Salad

2 red pears
2 green pears
2 seckel pears (the very small, very sweet ones)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds, toasted, salted, without shells)
1/2 cup sugar-free orange marmalade
3 Tbsp raisins

Core, but do not peel the pears. Slice pears lenthwise and place in large bowl. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over pears and gently toss to coat. (This will prevent pears from browning.) Add Pepitas and raisins. Measure Sugar-Free Orange Marmalade into a microwaveable bowl and heat on high about 20 seconds. Remove and stir. Repeat if necessary until marmalade has completely melted and become liquid. Drizzle marmalade over fruit and Pepitas. Toss gently to coat. Serve.

Notes: Choose your favorite pears for this delicious and quick autumn side salad. Keep the peels on for color and nutrition. Pears should be ripe, but not mushy. Treat them gently and they will be beautiful.

Number of Servings: 6-8

5 comments:

Jillene said...

Mmmmmmmmmm....I love pears!! This sounds YUM-A-LICIOUS!! I will be trying it FOR SURE!!

Whitney R said...

Thanks for all these great recipe's! I'll try them someday :)

Kristina P. said...

This sounds delicious!

Brittany Marie said...

I love your new layout! I also love pears. I have a pear salad that I do, but it doesn't sound as good as yours. All I do is throw sliced pears, grilled chicken and walnuts into a bowl of lettuce and top with balsamic vinagarette. I'm going to try yours. Pears are awesome.

Goob said...

Brittany, that sounds super yummy with the grilled chicken on it...love balsamic vinegar too.