Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I heard a Rumor...

That somebody's put it out there that its my BIRTHDAY today. Yeah, it is. And I had something else planned, (unbirthday related) but lets do this instead-ok?

Wanna Know How Old I am, Crack the Code.

1.  I was brought home from the hospital in a yellow VW Bug. No seatbealT, No carseat.

2.  When I turned two, I had a Snow White BirtHday party.  I think that may have been the only one I ever got that had a store-bought theme.
3.  I prefer Pie over Cake.  In fact, I don't like store bought "birthday cake" at all...yuck..not even with ice cream and potato chips on it...gross.  I would prefer Banana Cream...but not store bought. (because the cream is icky on store bought cream pies)
4.  My daddy took me on a Daddy DaughteRDate for my 4th birthday, we went out for Mexican Food.  I threw a fit because I couldn't wear the same dress I had worn for my 3 year old Daddy Daughter Date. ( it was too small...*cry*).
5.  I haven't been Twenty-Something for a while now.
6.  Sunday Night=Muppet Night ( or was that Saturday?) either way, Animal is my favorite and the all-time best episode ever was when Debbie HarrY of Blondie was the guest host.  ALL TIME BEST!
7.  When I was Seven, my youngest brother was born.  The day after Halloween.  I'm pretty sure that was the year  mom and dad tried to convince us that clowns and hobo'S were the same thing, NO DEAL. (but mom and dad still won after convincing us that if chose not to dress up we would not get to go trick-r-treating).
8.  My nick-names were "Little -L" "Wiki" "BravE Baby" and "Brave Baby L"
9.  My mother and father SWEAR they had not heard about ElVis' baby girl or that she was named Lisa Marie. But the first thing people ask me when they learn I am Lisa Marie is "Oh, parents Elvis Fans were they?" (try Beatles and Rolling Stones people).
10.  When I was in about the 4th grade, my dad would roll home in his Fiat (sometimes slamming on the parking brEak because the real brakes had gone out again) jump out and chase after us all around the yard singing "Whip It"!
11.  You were a close child-hood friend if you remember "La Bamba-the Stadium Cruiser" and not being allowed to leave the curb uNtil all occupants had yelled at the top of their lungs "Pigs In Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!"

12.  And just for laughs...when I was thirty-five, I made an illegal turn, down a dead-end-wrong-way-street, in a horrible rainstorm with no lights except on my car, right into a roadside park.  The only thing my sister could say was "Good thing there weren't any Hobo's!"

Now get to it, crack the code! I'm off for some kinda something.  ( I think.)  It *feels* like Jp has planned some kind of surprise...or at least stealthily planned to do what I told my mom I wanted to do, which means he's been reading my e-mail again... ;)  

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy happy Birthday!!!

I loved the Muppet SHow, and seeing a celebrity on there only made them so cooool!

And hey- if I cracked that code correctly you are only one year younger than I am. It's a good age....

Anonymous said...

hahaha! That's a great post! I'm not sure that I knew much of that except you age and the pie thing. (Does anyone in our family like cake?) Well, and the non-Elvis thing.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday ...

rachel said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! I think the world is a little sadder without the muppets on every week :( Have a wonderful day!

Jillene said...

I loved the Muppets and especially Animal too!!

You ROCK!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Shauna said...

~HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~! L♥ve and Hugs!

Just SO said...

Happy Birthday! We are the same age. The Muppet Show was and is one of my favorites!

Brittany Marie said...

Hahaha! Cute post! Happy Birthday!

Kristina P. said...

Happy birthday, Lisa! And you don't look a day over 30.

Lara Neves said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!

Do people really put potato chips on birthday cake? Hmmm. That doesn't sound so great to me either. I think I'd prefer banana cream pie, too! And I hope you get one!

Heatherlyn said...

Happy Birthday! So . . . it seems like you are a little bit older than I am (I'm 32) because I have no idea about the snow white . . . and I thought that hobos were really more of a depression era thing (but you can't possibly be THAT old (vw bug, right?). Music is in the 60-70s. I can relate to the muppets. You said something about having already been 35. Maybe between 36 and 40?

SalGal said...

Happy birthday, lady!! I need to get your guys' address.

p.s. I cannot believe you are older than me!! I always thought you were at least 5 years younger than me, if not more!! I hope I age half as well as you.

Erin said...

Happy birthday to you! I hope JP has something fantastically wonderful planned.

Cajoh said...

My hint on my birthday was that I am as old as the answer to the ultimate question (If you know Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy then you already know the answer).

Happy Birthday!!

J. P. said...

42! 42! 42!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Your code is very tricky, Lisa. Very tricky indeed. I think it is trying to tell me that you are 25! Am I close? So, so great that you are in your twenties. You know I have been 20-something for as long as I can remember too. :)

Very fun post. Read Mina's tribute to you and came over to your site today to wish you a very happy birthday.

-Francesca

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Very cute and clever! We are the same age!☺

TisforTonya said...

ooh, you're 19 days older than me... and my parents drove a Fiat too! Happy (belated) Birthday to you!

fun post :)

tiburon said...

I hope you had a super fantastic birthday! I am sorry I missed it :)