Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lemons...

I've been a bit of a lemon lately...that is to say, not one but two of my best-blogging-buddies sent the "when life gives you lemons" award my way well over two weeks ago, and I have yet to do anything about it. Admittedly, I'm never quite sure what to do with awards. I like recieving them, but I always feel funny about posting them. I'm not sure why that is exactly.

So let it be known, I enjoyed recieving the "When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade" award for being a pro at finding the good or the funny in every situation. (or at least the ones that I write about).

In honor of the award, here's a recipe for lemon bars, if you have a better one, forward it too me, because these aren't perfect. I have only had the perfect lemon bar once and I can't seem to find a recipe that matches it!

These are perfectly enjoyable though.

1/3 C Butter
1 C Sugar
1 C Flour
2 Eggs
2 T flour
2 t. lemon zest
3 T lemon juice
1/4 t. baking powder

beat butter until fluffy, add 1/4 c. Sugar
beat until combined. Beat in 1 C flour until crumbly. Press into bottom of 8x8 baking pan. Bake @ 350 15-18 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients, beat for 2 minutes. Pour over hot baked crust. Place back into oven 20 more minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when done baking.

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I have eaten plenty of lemon bars but have never made any! Oooooh. Lemon bars in a Snuggie. Awesome.

Tana said...

I have never actually made lemon bars but eaten enough of them. My slogan would be...When life gives you lemons, take them to your friends house and ask her to make you lemon bars. That's a classic.

Goob said...

in honor of Erin...
Would you eat them in a snuggie, would you eat them in a buggy.
Would you eat them very sweet,
Would you eat them with your feet?!

SalGal said...

Oooh, guess what I am making after church tomorrow???

Goob said...

ummmmm lemon bars?

AW Cake! said...

www.tasteofhome.com always has great recipes - i've never met a recipe over there that i didn't like. :)

Vanessa said...

How many points are those?

Goob said...

how many do you want them to be? LOL

The Copes said...

I prefer lemons to lemonade. --Not to say I'm a "glass half empty" kind of gal, I'm just more of a purist. However, I heart Lemon Bars!!!

Shauna said...

YUM! Thanks for sharing :)

~ Straight Shooter ~ said...

YUM, YUMMY, YUM!
I and Girl Child love, love, LOVE lemon anything!!
We are covered in ice tonight, so lemon bars are on the home ec. agenda tomorrow Baby!
Thanks!

tiburon said...

Mmm those sound delish!