Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I like your sleeves, they're really big.

I'm laughing hysterically at the part in Napoleon Dynamite when Kip backs over the plastic bowl and it shatters.  I watched that part well over an hour ago now and it is still making me giggle.  I just love it when he so very meekly mutters "dang-it" and then peels out.  That is a movie I just don't imagine ever not being funny to me.  But, its not funny to JP.  He is completely befuddled by the fact that this movie, more than any other movie we've ever watched together, makes me laugh with unbridled hilarity.  Maybe, JP doesn't like it because it hits too close to home? I dunno, I didn't know him in highschool, but I do know there is a story about him eating his tacos with his head down in a tray ignoring a "hot-chick" who was trying to talk to him...so, you know.  But seriously, who could refrain from laughing when they pummel the Summer pinata?  Haven't we all wanted to pummel our very own Summer Pinata at least once in our lives?  I know I have, and yet, I do feel strange about allowing boys to pummel US Army Tank pinatas at birthday parties.  It feels a little...well...terrorist training camp to me.  And yet, Birthday Express tries to sell me one every year around April!  

15 comments:

J. P. said...

I love that YOU love it...isn't that enough?

kinda like how you can't understand me watching cop shows ;)

J. P. said...

P. S. she was HOT! lol

Just SO said...

I have to be in a certain mood to laugh at NP. My husband finds no amusement in it either.

Erin said...

I was raised in North Logan, which is only 15 minutes away from Preston, ID. That movie is their claim to fame (I have even been to La Tienda, the store in the movie). My husband and his brother love the movie and quote it frequently.

AW Cake! said...

I love, LOVE that movie! I grew up in Idaho and so can relate - I laughed my self silly the first time I watched it and probably laugh harder now.

Kristina P. said...

I haven't seen Napolean Dynamite in so long! And I don't know why, because Napolean makes me hot and sweaty. TMI? Nah.

Goob said...

Kristina, I know its because you are dancing along, its O.K.

Goob said...

JP, I love that you're not denying the Taco Story!
When/If I ever write a post about your undying love for Brittish Commandos will you refute my story?

Jen said...

I loved the show too! I watched it with a room full of young women--so you gotta love it after that, especially hearing their laughs while watching it! It's contagious!

Amy Jo said...

The funniest part of NB to me is when he drags the stretch armstrong out of the bus window...I can remember kids just like that when I was a kid!

And...I say dang quesadillas all the time!

Sherilyn -Dominee Huisvrouw said...

I believe it's a bit like Monty Python & the Holy Grail.... It's funny to watch, but the more you think about it afterward, the funnier it gets!

Vanessa said...

"Don't be jealous that I have been chatting online w/babes all day." Best line ever. But make sure you say it with a lisp.

Anonymous said...

Don't be jealous because I'm chatting online with hot babes all day.

The Copes said...

I will love the V_________ family always and forever. But not as much as technology. p.s. JP know you're a closet NP fan. It's right up your alley. I can just see you now-- back in the day with your liger Trapper keeper, and your Martial Arts Attitude.
Embrace it.

tiburon said...

I freaking love that movie!