Saturday, January 17, 2009

The reason why...

 
You're right, maybe I don't owe her an apology.(for making her be chewbacca everytime we played StarWars as kids) Then again, for my birthday, she did accept my apology in advance, so...hmmm.
Anyways, Its pretty exciting to introduce you all to ..."Chewy", "ChooChoo", "Smell", "Meanie", or "FireFro". I'm not really sure what she wants you to call her, maybe plain ol' Mrs. Smith will do. She may also accept "The Divine Ms. M" but you'll have to check with her on that.
Give yourself a treat and check out her professional website today. Give yourself a good half hour or so and click through her gallery. THESE ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL MODELS!!! The families, and couples featured in these photos are just like you and me. They don't always look beautiful, they don't always smile, and sometimes they even have big blow-outs right before the photo-shoot because somebody...ok, the MOM...gets stressed out about trying to take "perfect" pictures.
What Melanie does is show you what you and your family look like through HER eyes. She has such a gift for bringing out the beauty in everyone.
Her own BLOG was just launched Friday night and I don't think she really has much there just yet, but go and visit it anyways! Leave her a comment, and if you feel comfortable let her know what part of the country you are from. She and her family are planning a huge cross-country trip this summer and are hoping to connect with real families from real places and so she's anxious to get to know you all and find out where your favorite "locals only" kind of places are in YOUR hometown so that she and her family can get a feel for what life is really like in each unique place they choose to visit.
And, if you enjoy her photography and want to see what she sees in you and your family, you just might luck out. She is seriously considering scheduling some photoshoots along the way.
Here's her blog link http://smithfamilyphotography.blogspot.com
-Lisa

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I will have to head on over!

Goob said...

oh, and am I the only person who can't read "The Smiths" without having to sing in my head "Girlfriend in a coma I know, I know its really seriiiiiiouuuuuus."

Debbie said...

So does it age me that I thought "cousin It" immediately? Yes, it does.
I will check out her blog.

SUPPORT said...

Hope you have a beautiful weekend! Thanks for being such a great friend! ♥ Hugs :)

si tu veux said...

cool picture. that is funny...yes, means the same thing, sixes...i have never heard your way either. thanks for sharing.

si tu veux said...

oh...that is me,,,in time out...family blog me...sorry

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha! I haven't seen that in forever. I'll have to check out Mel's blog.