Monday, October 13, 2008

3 rants and a Rave

Its time for the first ever installment of 3 Rants and a Rave! Wanna play along? Click on the link below to see the Blog I'm Raving about, and leave her a comment! Then post your own 3 Rants and a Rave to send your readers to a blog you think they'll love but maybe haven't found yet.

Rant 1: well, its already written below under "Its wasn't ok then, and its not ok now"...I'm still steamed on that one.

Rant 2: People who think the Fire Lane is actually just a "I'm running in really quick so I don't need to actually get myself a real parking spot" lane need to have their drivers' licenses revoked. Its for EMERGENCY vehicles people, and saving your fat butt a few measely steps of "Unintentional Exercise" is not an EMERGENCY! If you keep on being that lazy, eventually, the emergency vehicles will be there for your stroke and or heart attack, but they won't be able to get to you, because you've parked your car in the Fire Lane.

Rant 3: Children who do not stay in their beds after they've been put to bed for the night. As a mother, I find its important to have an established bedtime routine. Our routine actually starts at dinner. We have dinner, then we have baths. Clean underwear and Pajamas are doned, and teeth are brushed. Scripture reading and Family prayers round out the nightly routine. Bedtime then follows with hugs, kisses, fans turned on, lights turned out, and all manor of different animals and dolls tucked in with each child. This is the end of the routine~! Who added the part where the kids each get up 3 times? After 8:00pm I am no longer interested in who's toys are in the wrong bedroom, who didn't get one more kiss, or who forgot to brush their teeth and or get one last drink. These are NOT part of the Nightly Routine! (* and yet, they still happen nightly)

***Rave!***-Check out the Sartori Story. It'll make you laugh, cry and wonder why! ( and it happens to be full of some of the best rants I've read.)

***Also, be sure to enter your guess on the "Name that Household Item" entry below...you could be the lucky winner! LOL

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Crap!
So many great blogs, so little time.... now I have a bunch more funny stuff to catch up on- and I love the nightitme routine bit....

where do all these funny moms keep coming from?

Jillene said...

LOVE your rants--especailly the fire lane one!! I TOTALLY AGREE!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

Don't you love crap like the comment above? (And if you do end up deleting it, I'm not talking about jillene or ramsam!) Anyway, I could have written #3. My kids keep getting up after bed, and I get increasingly crabby and mean.

Goob said...

anybody know how to go in and delete that without turning moderation on? Although, its a great little piece for my post tomorrow about Skeptics dAy!

Goob said...

nevermind, I just figured out how to do that.

Brittney said...

aww Lisa, I'm flattered.

Kristina P. said...

I'm going to see if I can figure out the IP address of that Chinese whatever, and block his IP address from my blog. Blocking is fun!

Brittany Marie said...

I need IP blocking lessons. I also got the Commie Comment. :(

junglemama said...

I'm so with you on number 3. You go girl!

Vanessa said...

Amen to I HATE when the kids are stalling to go to bed. It's always a major ordeal and mom is always getting impatient.

carrhop said...

This is such a fun way to put this ==the 3Rants and A Rave--hilarious! And yes, totally totally with you on the bedtime violator situation--I find my sympathy level for last drinks of water, where's my stuffed animal, etc, etc, falls in direct proportion to the increase of the lateness in the evening!
Blessings!