Friday, October 3, 2008

Why I can't eat Pizza for Dinner any more

So, as you all know, about 10 days ago, I started the South Beach diet. Its been great, I've only had perhaps 2 occassions that it felt difficult. Otherwise, I've been happy to obey the ph1 diet commandments, and I've been rewarded for it. 5 lbs lost by day 8 seems like a nice reward for not eating cookies.

However...

Last night we went to my MIL's house. The kids needed a visit, we wanted to go swimming, and somehow, we've managed to be there every time there's a political debate ( more on that later) so we figured, might as well make a tradition of it. My FIL was very generous to offer pizza for dinner. Not freezer pizza, but real, greasy, carb laden, salty, delicious pizza. I ate it. I honestly did not want to be ungrateful, and I really did not comprehend the way it would effect me today.

This is how I feel this morning.

I'm also a full 2 lbs heavier, thank you very much to Ham and Pepperoni.

I was literally dry-heaving on the way home from the kid's dentist appointment, because I was so hungry. The dentist is across the street from a brand new Dunkin' Donuts...it took alot of willpower not to imbibe. But I didn't, because I knew that it would only result in M&M's for lunch, followed by popcorn for dinner. None of those things are on the "Phase One Foods to Enjoy List"...then again, they are not specifically listed on the "Foods to Avoid List" either! ( But I think that's because the good ol' doc is giving his readers credit for having an IQ above 10)

So, the moral of this story is Mrs. Cavehair needs to be a better hunter-gatherer and eat accordingly even when the generous offer of delicious Pizza is made. I clearly have blood sugar issues.

10 comments:

Erin said...

I don't know how people have the willpower to diet. I just like my Oreos and Twix too much.

Love your guts.

Brittany Marie said...

LOL! I have felt that way before too! ("Oh Brittany, can't you just eat what I just made? Just this once won't hurt you!") And then I feel just like that pumpkin. LOL

If, however, you want a great homemade pizza crust recipe, let me know. It's so easy, I use my breadmaker to do the dough for me. :p
Congrats on the weight loss! Keep going!!

Brittany Marie said...

Oh- that pizza recipe is for whole wheat crust, btw. And the pizza has turkey pepperoni and 2% mozzerella cheese. I also put garden tomatos, olives and mushrooms on it (Que puts onions on his side).

Kristina P. said...

Wow, you look TERRIBLE! ;)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great how our bodies get used to good eating and reject our efforts to eat bad?

Well not good in that you puke pumpkin seeds, but good in that your body wants you to do good.

Jillene said...

Pizza makes me wnat to hurl all of the time.

Whitney R said...

Ohh!! We are a DAY apart!! I am on day 9! But.. I've been cheating. I've lost 4 pounds and in the middle of the day I feel horrible. Weak and tired. I'm eating a lot so I don't quite understand. I figured I needed some good old fashioned glucose. So I had a tortilla. Today I had a slice of bread. And some M&M's. I felt fine on the tortilla day. But today... the bread and M&M day I feel bad. Sad that I broke it. And a little bloated. Booooooooooo!!! If I could just start exercising it would be okay!

Anyway... I love the picture of the pumpkin. Love it! That's kind of how I feel today.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could say I have the will power to resist any yummy treats. But the fact is they don't last long enough in our house for me to enjoy.

Natalie said...

LOL! Did you read my mind?! This is the story of my life! The pumpkin was pure poetry, BTW!

Goob said...

natalie, thanks for stopping by! I tried to leave you a comment on your blog, but apparently I am not smart enough to figure out how to do it! i just kept getting a plain page with nothing on it.