Saturday, October 11, 2008

These are the things I'm contemplating today

The meaning of carpet named "By Day or by Night"
Wood flooring named "Ringing Anvil"
Paints named "Silent Breath" and "Teal me no lies"

what I really want to know is "How do I get a job naming things?"

I think I could do it! What kind of a degree does it require? Do I just need a knack for random word production?

Lets give it a try.

brown - black background Pictures, Images and Photos
"Termite Have Bugs"
Photobucket
"Nigerian Money Scam"
Photobucket
"Soy Protien Isolate"
Photobucket
"Paranoia"
Photobucket
"Bender's Descent"

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You SHOULD get a job naming things. I am especially fond of Benders Descent...

I am afraid after a day of that job all my names would be things like "bloody swirl" and "smeary boogers" and stuff.
I only have boys in my house, you know!

Lobbie said...

The fact that you posted about this makes us instant EBFFs because I've had the exact same thought multiple times when I read make-up colors. My favorite was from a red nail polish "I'm Not a Waitress"

Wha....?

I have to admit that would be a strange and interesting job, but they MUST hire people with like doctorates in English who have taught at Harvard. Or the owners just sit around and throw out ideas and half the time they must be jokes...or they were drunk.

Jillene said...

You're a natural!!

Brittany Marie said...

That's awesome. I think my walls are Silent Breath.

I bet if you got a bunch of paint samples together and randomly glued the names together, you could call it poetry. Paint Poetry.

Kristina P. said...

I love your new blog look! Excellent names, of course.

Erin said...

Paint named Silent Breath? Is it because one breath of the fumes and it kills you?

Cool spooky blog.

Whitney R said...

Those were clever!


I would have said the last one was a blood vessel.

Jessie said...

Now you're talkin'! That job would RULE. I too, have had that thought.

Thanks for posting on my blog! I'm feeling so popular lately (what with all of my 11 comments).
It's always fun to have Iowa in common with someone. I sure loved it there. I also felt skinny and hot in IA. Now that I've left, I'm back to my frumpy feelings.