Thursday, October 16, 2008

Here's the deal with the Uncrustables

When I recieved that bright red plastic strapless bra looking thing in the mail as part of a "Buzz" campaign for Smuckers Uncrustables. ( You sign up, promise to try free stuff, sometimes tell them you don't want to try some stuff, then talk about the stuff you like)the first thing I did was "try it on" my husband laughed and we decided to see what my two year old would do with it. She wasn't impressed, she was very busy running her own program at the time. After looking at it for a few days I decided it was a random enough looking little container that it would be fun to see if anybody could guess what it is. I haven't actually tried the sandwhiches yet ( I thought it would be more fun to make the coupon for a free box part of the prize) but my son reports that when he buys lunch at school, sometimes he chooses one of these sandwhices instead of the hot lunch. ( How Stoked am I that I spend 2.60 for a hot lunch for him and he asks for Pb&J?..which we ALWAYs have ample supply of at home) He likes them and thinks they are pretty cool...he is 5, for what its worth.
He has begged me to buy him some ever since the coupon and container came in the mail. I am a mean mom and went and bought veggies and meat at Costco and haven't gone to the regular grocery store yet. Oh well. Anyways, if you love these, or think you'd love to try these (Kristina said they deep fat fry these at the fair...that sounds deadly)post a comment saying you'd like a $.75 off coupon (that's $1.00 off if your store doubles) and I'll arrange to send you one by mail. In the meantime, I have a whining kid to take care of who wonders why I haven't bought his dang uncrustables yet!

6 comments:

Erin said...

I always have to cut the crust off of my kids sandwiches; I would love to cut out the middleman (being me). I would love a coupon!

Kristina P. said...

One of my blog friend's husband actually sells those Krustbuster things, where you put your own sandwich into it, and it basically turns it into a Krustable.

I'm getting them for my nephews for Christmas.

Brittany Marie said...

I'm so glad Que grew out of that whole "Cut the crust off my sandwiches" phase.

I should stop teasing Que on other people's blogs.

Jillene said...

My daughter Hannah can't live without un-crustables!! I would LOVE a coupon! I buy them like (well it seems like) every other day!!

Wendy said...

I can't beleive I won!!! too cool! My son loves those, so a coupon for free one's is awesome!!
yeah, I didn't know they served these for school lunch, and one afternoon I gave one to my little boy for his after school snack, then I asked him what he had for lunch at school that day, and he said one of these! oppps!

Anonymous said...

No coupon, thanks. Although #2 went through a phase where she liked to get them sometimes for school lunch as well. They apparently also have a "grilled" cheese Uncrustable. Yes, folks, frozen grilled cheese. I know you heat it up, but it would take a bit of desperation for me to decide to try something like that. I think starvation would need to be setting in my me to try the PB&J variety. Although I do love freezer JAM on my PB&J on wheat. Now, that's a sandwich!