Saturday, October 18, 2008

Proof that I was Being Blackmailed By Lily

So, you all remember how I thought Lily was holding out for another trip to McDonalds to use the potty for me again? Well, she kept ding-donging me all morning about going to McDonalds saying "I wanna go a MacDonoh's" over, and over and over again. In a moment of frustration, I answered back, "Well, I want a child that uses the toilet to poop in!"...not 5 minutes later, she put herself on the toilet and pooped...proof positive that she was blackmailing me. I think I'm going to take the suggestion of purchasing a toy with multiple parts that she has to earn peice by peice and lose a piece if she soils her pants. I think that might work better than this McDonalds business.

8 comments:

Goob said...

I think you're right!
is is "smart" or is it "manipulative" ???

Erin said...

They really are smarter than we give them credit for, aren't they?

I hope the toy thing works for you!

Kristina P. said...

I agree that kids are very smart and know how to manipulate their parents. Good for her! ;)

Goob said...

I hope so too Erin, thanks for the suggestion!

Vanessa said...

What a stinker! I guess they figure us out at an early age!

Wendy said...

that is too funny!!! smartie pants!
I had to bribe my first, I got a big bag of dollar store toys and treats then gave him one each time he pottied! and he was trained in a few days. my daughter on the other hand in a entire different story

Anonymous said...

Love the multi-piece toy idea. Thanks!

Whitney R said...

She's very clever!

And the pieces toy is a good idea.